Wednesday, June 7, 2017

5/29/17 Great Week

Hey Everyone!

I had a great week this week! And there is one specific story I want to share with yall:)

One year ago I was serving in Branson Missouri. There wasn't a lot going on in the area so my companion and I Prayed and Fasted for a baptism. We then took out our Calendar and felt that on May 21 there would be a baptism. We worked diligently and faithful for that baptism. We were blessed with 2! 1 being S...
She later moved out to Utah and spoke at her stake conference. She sent me a recording of it! She told her conversion story. To give you a small taste, she was disowned by 3 families. 2 disowned her because of her desire to seek more truth about God. After Great Members in Branson took her under their wings and a broken bike on my part, we were blessed to meet S........ 13 days later she was baptized on May 21 and Confirmed on May 22. she was very drawn to temples. And since the first day we taught her, all she wanted was to go inside a temple. 
On May 23, 2017 she went through the temple and on the 27 I was blessed to see S......be sealed to her new adopted family in the Kansas City temple. 

My heart is soo Full. This girl has been broken and beaten and lost for 21 years. and Now she has a place. She has a home. a family. She is an inspiration. The family that adopted her are amazing and thanked sister Richards and I for bringing the gospel to their daughter.

I know God has a plan for each of us. I know that the Priesthood Power is Gods power to seal and bind families. I'm grateful for the sealing I have to my family. I am grateful for sharing the truth to all those around me. It reminds me of a scripture in Isaiah "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath send me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound." This is our Savior, Jesus Christ. And as His servant I have loved watching Him at work. He loves us. and I love Him. He wants all to return to him in our families. There IS a place for everyone!
In His Name, Jesus Christ, 
Amen

Sister Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment