Wednesday, June 7, 2017

5/15/17 Mother day

Hey everyone!
This week was a pretty great week but first a shout out to MY MOM! I know I just saw you yesterday but happy mothers day again! you are an angel to me! I  love you:)
Seeing my family yesterday was such a moving experience for me. I know God has placed in families for good reasons. It is in the family unit where we experience the most joy as well as the most sorrow. it is where we learn patience and forgiveness. Being away from my family hasn't been too "hard." BUT seeing them yesterday, I was blessed with the strength and courage to continue to press forward with the things to come.
As far as this past week!
It has been a roller coaster hahahahaha.
Our mission president really wants us to focus on finding, which is great because our area is in a finding stage. So with all the sisters I'm working with and will be working with, we will focus on finding. Storytime: We went to stop by our investigator to see how she has been doing. after that we were planning on going home (on our bikes). We bike by this house and we got this feeling, yes that feeling that we needed to knock on that door, of course we do:) This woman in a bathrobe answers-she is as cute as a button. We tell her who we are then we ask "Have you heard about the restoration of the Gospel?" she said no, and we shared a brief message of it. We then asked her a question, I don't remember what it was, and she begins to smile and cry. she said "I don't know why I am crying but..." and told a little bit about herself. it was a wonderful experience and she is our new investigator:)
Another story I want to tell yall
Remember those Bible bashers? Well we met with them on Friday in a civil like way. It was a good discussion but we wont be meeting with them again for good reasons. What broke my heart was when they said "We are creatures. God Created us, and we are creatures. our purpose is to glorify Him as creatures."
I testify, that we are more than creatures. We are children of God. We are Sons and Daughters of The Heavenly King. His glory is in our progression. We are his children "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ" (romans 8:17)
I love the knowledge of the gospel. I love how it changes me day by day, moment by moment. I love power I feel in forgiveness, healing, grace, and love. I love helping others recognize that power and gain a desire to Follow Christ. He is the Light and the way. I love Him. I love that He has blessed me with Goodly Parents. I love my family. I love my friends that have helped me get to where I am today. I love knowing and believe that I am a child of God and He has Sent me here.
In His Beloved Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.
Love

Sister Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment