Monday, March 21, 2016

2-29-16 Shout out to Mom and Dad!

I've met some really great people here and good families. But I've also met some broken people and broken families.  This one family has been on my mind. I don't want to go into detail about them, but all I can say is that I love the daughter, and it's a shame to see how she is treated in the home. (There are some things that I wish I hadn't known) but nevertheless I know that God will take care of her. Anywho i was thinking about them before I went to church yesterday. Just exactly how we could handle this situation. 

The opening song for sacrament was Families can be Together forever. We started singing and you could just hear the childrens voices conquer everyone elses. They sang their hearts out, and when I heard their voices, the spirit touched my heart, the words became more meaningful and I cried. I haven't fully cried out here yet (i might any minute haha), but that moment tears would not stop streaming down my face. Flashes of home came through my mind especially of my mom. The investigator we brought saw me cry all over the hymn book and she started to cry!! We were a mess then we started laughing at ourselves. Anywhoo, it is so so comforting to know that I was raised in a loving home because of the gospel. Thank you mom for being so good to  me. for teaching me oh so many things I can t even begin to list. it is because of you that I love my Lord,
The choir then sang Love is Spoken Here, and it was insta choir meaning anyone join. We had a large group come up (including sister pond and I) and it made me think of my father. I began to cry again-up there in front of the ward. Thank you dad for being a worthy priesthood holder for teaching me and providing and protecting me. it is because of you that I'm strong and capable of stretching myself.

I'm really one of the lucky ones with the greatest parents. I know I'm not the only one.



MOM and DAD THANK YOU!! I love you so much!

Sister Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment