Wednesday, March 8, 2017

2/27/17 1 hour means 1 hour keep your promises/covenants

Hey Everyone! 

This last week was as great as the previous one:) but in all honesty The mission is just full of "Good Times" 

Some Bomb Highlights

We will start with tracting. I was convinced that tracting was not effective in this area. so I didn't do it. Well after much prayer, and turning of my heart, and desperation, and due to training I decided that tracting is important. But it needed to be inspired obviously. So we made this goal one day, to tract this street for 1 hour. we knock doors, we talk to people. Some good, some better, some don't answer. Nothing crazy. We simmer down to having 6 minutes left. I was ready to say, "We did good, lets get on our bikes and carry on" and then I had a thought "1 hour means 1 hour, not 54 minutes." I'm glad I listened to that prompting. My companion and I knock on the next door, and a lady wanting to learn more about our church answers the door. We talk to her for 30 minutes, She took a Book of Mormon, and we are seeing her again this Thursday. 1 hour means 1 hour. I later thought to myself about that. 6 minutes is not that much time or worth to us, but to the King, that has infinite time, He treasures those 6 minutes. So I remind myself. This isn't my time, this is His time. 1 hour means 1 hour. 

On Friday we had our Ward Missionary Game Night:) We started this last month, and at least once month we have a game night for ward members to bring their friends too.  We play volleyball on the court, and all sorts of board games and card games on the stage. Well in January we had a good turnout. So we had our hopes high:) Throughout February we told everyone about game night and encouraged everyone to come. As it got closer and closer, we got more and more nervous; we were just praying that it would be a success. And yes, yes it was! More members came then before, and the youth brought friends! SUCCESS! Volley ball was a big hit. the food was simple and good. everyone had a game to play or a friend to talk to and the children were rolling in the hallways:) That was Friday. This weekend, we had Stake Conference, so after the games were played and the volleyball net was taken down, everyone helped setting up chairs for the conference. Like a....little mini service project. Anywho it was a big hit. and now sis berry and I are talking about mixing things up with game night, like have it be a Pajama party, or basketball, or like a dance type of deal. dunno...we got a good month to think about it:)

Stake Conference was great! In the Book of Mormon, Nephi talks about how the spirit of the Lord took him on a high mountain? (1Nephi 11:1) That's how I felt. The adult session was spectacular. there was a talk on temples, a recent convert spoke, then the member of the seventy talked about missionary work and charity. Side note: President Loveland has encouraged the mission to "set dates" with the members, this date is the date in which they will have someone prepared to learn about the gospel in their home. So we have been doing that since around Christmas, well this general authority (i forgot his name. we will call him Elder) said that he hated that challenge. When Elder said that, President Lovelands face was in shock. I swear he was gonna have a heart attack. But then Elder went on to say how the challenge is hard and difficult, (which it can be) but then he talked about the goodness that comes from it. and how good it will do for the members and missionaries, so in the long run he supported it:) and it was good for the member to hear that.

Some big take aaways from the conference I'd like to share are:

-We can choose to serve others, share the gospel, and keep the commandments because we love the Savior. But better, we serve others, share the gospel, and keep the commandments because we love as the Savior loves. That's Charity.

-GO TO THE TEMPLE REGULARLY! and dont let anything keep you from it:)

-The Book of Mormon gives us the opportunity to have an experience with Diety

The Coolest thing though was during the talks of the converts. I could not help but think of those that I helped enter into the waters of baptism. and I got an email today from an investigator from a previous area inviting me to her baptism. I thought of them and their strong testimonies and how they truly have brought me that joy that can only be felt as you "bring many souls" to Christ.

That's all I will leave with ya'll today:) Thanks for the prayer. I do feel them. I hope you feel mine for you as well. Thanks for the support and testimonies:)

I love my Savior. I will serve Him and build His kingdom to the best of my ability, with where I am and with what I got. I pray that you will too!
Love

Sister Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment