Monday, January 11, 2016

Jan 8th 2016 MTC Experiences

Hey everyone!

MTC is great! I've learned so much and yet still have so much to learn. My companion and I describe it has a religious college.They don't waste a time here which makes sense because who would want to waste the lords time? They over feed so don't be surprised if I come home fat. But after a week here, the food suddenly doesn't taste as good....interesting. But vending machine food has never disappointed me.

My companion and I are sister training leaders which means we take care of the sisters in our branch. That would be 6 other sisters. Small but fun. 

I just love it here. The spirit is so strong and everyone loves everyone. I got my district (4 sister and 4 elders) to sing in the choir  -AMAZING!- and now we are ALWAYS singing. Sometimes they are hymns. Yesterday the elders starting singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Nuts,  but they are great. and they are going to California while the sisters are going to Arkansas.

I've been to the temple twice this week which was really great. always uplifting.

I have a great companion, Sister Hadley, who is from Ogden Utah. she is a sweet heart and looks like my cousin Rachel. We have become such great friends

So i didn't know but here we teach real investigators!! Makes sense but my heart was racing when i found out. I'm like "NONONONONONONONONO I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!" But through diligent prayer and studying and role playing, miracles started to happen and tomorrow we are asking one of our investigators if she would like to be baptized. I think she is gonna say yes. her name is Patty and when we met her she was atheist. but now she has a strong belief in Christ and her Heavenly Father. It is just incredible. Our other investigator name is Miranda. she is a baptist so we have been trying really hard to help her read and pray about the Book of Mormon. last time we met, we saw her eyes filled and her heart burned. she felt the spirit, so she too is coming closer to Christ. So happy for her.

Other than that all we do here is eat and sit. Lots of studying. Which for me is a miracle, my senior year in high school I couldn't sit through class for more than an hour, but now i can sit for 3-4 hours completely focused and learning. 30-40 minute of gym (which isn't enough) but that's all we do. and I am happy. 

Thank you all for your prayers and for you support. I'm praying for all of you and I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints in the true church today. I know that through Christ our sins can be washed away, our burdens can be lifted, and our life can be more full. I testify that to you in the name of Jesus Christ amen

Sister Kendyl Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment